rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Got my first blazer.. how is the fit?

Got my first blazer.. how is the fit?

Quote:Quote:

Take your time and find a proper tailor, that will look at every aspect of the fit to determine what it needs. Looks good so far though.

I will definitely get it tailored on the sleeves. My once concern though is the armhole height.. I hear to restructure that you may spend a ridiculous amount, since it is a chore. If I have to tailor more than the sleeves, I might as well return it and opt for another. That is why I am concerned about the fit so much.

Quote:Quote:

1) On pic 3, the armholes are too low/too much shoulder padding.

2) Shorten the Sleeves (and when you go to shorten the sleeves, where a dress shirt that fits you properly, so you have the right amount of sleeve showing)

3) Next time you take a pic - complete the outfit, looks weird with a t-shirt
4) Needs a pocket square to break up the expanse of navy

All in all, a good first blazer.

Is this the dominant style in your area?

I'm still not sure how you guys are really making a suit work to your advantage, especially if you're a youngster, and especially if you are rolling solo.

If they are actually too low, I might just return them. Is it still a proper fit for a first blazer? I am not looking for a perfect fit, but definitely something that fits well and doesn't look odd on me. I know that one day I'll invest in a tailored blazer that is quality, so I am not worrying about now, but mainly something to get me by.

Also, I was thinking about using this with just regular t-shirts underneath. If I go to a club, where the crowd is my age (19-22 most girls) then I wouldn't bother dressing up too much. Just a nice fitted T, nice jeans/chinos, with either converse sneakers or a pair of decent shoes.

My main purpose for getting a blazer right now is so I can contrast from the different guys my age, allowing me to look more mature, but not try hard. Although if I went to a bar where the crowd is better dressed than at your typical club, I'd wear something such as a light blue or pink button down with this blazer.

Having said that, I think at this point I will keep the blazer, but I have to decide on whether this armhole being kind of low is really a problem. What do you guys think?

Messages In This Thread