rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Master Cleanse

The Master Cleanse

Great post, MrXY, and correct on all counts. The medical establishment has a truly terrible record when it comes to giving advice on nutrition and exercise. They have made many confident claims on the basis of little to no evidence -- often just **one** shoddily designed "study" that gets cited again and again, or sometimes even less than that, just extrapolation and guesswork. While they are (very slowly) getting better, their positions should be viewed with great skepticism indeed.

I would add, however, that various "folk remedies" should also be viewed with healthy skepticism. Some are in fact very helpful -- sometimes, spectacularly so -- and this is eventually established by well-designed studies, though that can take a long time and one can't always wait for that. But some amount to no more than placebo, and quite a few are outright harmful, depending on the dosage. There is no substitute to either doing your own research, or since that is neither practical nor efficient for most guys, finding a few authorities that are sane, well-informed, and reliable, and placing your trust in them, however provisionally. When in doubt, it's always best to err on the side of caution and do less rather than more.

As far as these cleanses go, I've never tried one and have no strong opinion but I think it's likely that in most cases they do no harm and may well do some good. Would be interested in hearing more about your experience with this.

same old shit, sixes and sevens Shaft...

Messages In This Thread