rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Black in SE Asia

Black in SE Asia

Quote: (02-13-2013 06:24 AM)RioNomad Wrote:  

El, thanks for chiming in with the other perspective. You don't meet too many black Westerners out here, so it's good to get that perspective.

pitt, it's funny to me that out of 2,000 posts you would take one post of me saying that I would not recommend blacks or Indians come to Thailand to get laid as me being racist. How is that racist? If I were to say that I don't want blacks or Indians to come to Thailand because I don't like them, that is racist. However, saying I don't think they will have so much success isn't racist, it is me giving my honest opinion to forum members contemplating coming to Thailand to chase women.

Just like I'm sure some forum members would not recommend that Turkish men go to certain countries/cities to get laid either, due to the stigma attached with them in certain parts of the world. That isn't racist. If someone said they wouldn't recommend white guys going to certain Muslim countries to bang chicks, I wouldn't brand them as racist.

Do we really need to break out the racist talk when someone is asking how blacks will do in SEA? Is it only ok to say "Blacks kill it in Thailand." or otherwise we are being racist? The guy is asking how blacks do in SEA, and if someone recommend he not go there, then he is being racist?

I'm trying to give my honest opinion after nearly 1 year in a country. Look at all of the Thailand threads and you can see I've dropped tons of helpful info and answered countless questions. I'll continue to do so, regardless of if some people happen to disagree with it. Hopefully people can disagree with stuff in a helpful manner such as El did above, as opposed to labeling them racists.

Did you read my comment? I didnt say you were racist, i clearly said i thought you were being racist at first. Chill out man, i know you were only trying to help.

Messages In This Thread