rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Boston #1, WashDC #3 cities for single men, SF #1 for women. NYC unranked.

Boston #1, WashDC #3 cities for single men, SF #1 for women. NYC unranked.

Yeah I really don't get this. Coming from a guy who lives in DFW, I don't see how Ft. Worth is better than Dallas for single guys.

Ft. Worth (Pros & Cons) -
1) Low unemployment rate yes, but not enough diversity in terms of employment options. Everything is a govt. or healthcare job only. Great place to run a small business but the only corporations here are Lockheed and Alcon meaning a ton of people make a killer 40+ minute commute to work somewhere in Dallas area.

2) The social scene here revolves predominantly around TCU chicks who can be cool but predominantly live in their own little bubble not interacting much with the rest of the world. I wanna say 60-70% of the social scene in FW is TCU whereas actualy single young professionals make up less than 10%. The other 20% of the social scene includes married professionals. Not much of an open market here.

3) I know people here in the service industry who go home with hot chicks whenever they want cause they're bartenders, etc. But it's really such a small world as most ppl from Ft. Worth are originally from here making it harder for locals to really be able to relate to transplants that move here for work, which there really aren't many of.

4) The dumbass article of the author said Mexican food and BBQ is better in Dallas, which is bullshit bc it really is better in Ft. Worth.

5) Yes there are snotty Dallas people who think the world revolves around them, but people in Ft. Worth try acting too hard as they are just as guilty about defining themselves based on "where they live." Quality of living in FW is better than Dallas, but its a longer commute to work & not as many single chicks.

Dallas (Pros & Cons)

1) Traffic in Dallas is a lot worse than FW. But there are more opportunities in the surrounding areas here in terms of meeting single chicks, employment options (govt/healthcare yes but much more than that), nightlife, and see & be seen gastronomy. Dallas Stars hockey games are cheaper nowadays as it's a great place to spit game and hit on cougars.

2) People in the Uptown area really define themselves based on where they live overpaying for rent as entry level account executives thinking they have an actual career path who get laid off after a year and move back with mom & dad. It can also be such a small bubble too. I went to a pool party at my friend's apt complex as one guy came up to me asking "you're Ben right?" I guess it was an honor, but I had no idea of who that guy was. Small world as they tend to complain about having to commute anywhere in the Dallas/Ft. Worth Metroplex outside of Uptown.

3) As for the demographics, I'd say SMU chicks are snottier than TCU ones. The good news is that SMU probably makes up less than 10% of the social scene here as the rest of the 90% are true young professionals or cougars that are ready to mingle. If you're a guy in Ft. Worth talking to a TCU girl while not attending TCU yourself, chick is just flat out not going to be able to relate to you. Those issues are not to be found in Dallas.

4) There's a ton of divorced people here in Dallas. Some in Ft. Worth, but predominantly in Dallas. I think living here for most of my life made me realize one thing: At least here, those relationships where an older guy is dating a younger chick don't work...esp when chick is using older dude's money to sleep around with younger guys. I've been on the beneficial side of that before shelling out no $$ for bangs although I of course didn't keep it consistent. I also knew this other med student who was dating a former Dallas Stars player once (Brad Richards) for money and free hockey ticks, but at the same time was banging one of my guy friends too. Lots of opportunities to bang cougars here too as they like to hang out at salsa joints, bars of high end steakhouses, etc. Anyone can get some in Dallas if playing their cards right and therefore makes it more of an open market than Ft. Worth.

Outlook on DFW in General:

1) I'm about to Brazil for 3 or more mos this upcoming May, but I think the best place to live in the area is Las Colinas, which is a neighborhood in Dallas situated not too far off from nightlife or all the professional areas. I lived there for about 4 years. Because people in Ft. Worth and Dallas are so "anti" each other, residents of either city won't give you bitch vibes bc they know this area is strategically located for most young professionals. If people ask why you live in the suburbs, then you can use one of my fav lines "well what can I say, I love married chicks and underage high school chicks" sarcastically as it'll give women a laugh.

2) For a single guy here in DFW, I would recommend not getting "too drunk" at nights as diversifying your venues every weekend. Never become a usual anywhere bc you don't want the female opposition catching onto your bullshit. One weekend night, go to lower Uptown while the next go to upper Uptown. Then Henderson Street the next. Downtown Dallas the next week. A bar in the suburbs like Arlington, Lewisville, Las Colinas, or Denton. Then Downtown Ft. Worth or West 7th. Never become a usual yes, but my strategy was always being sorta of familiar with the whole DFW area in general bc it improves your street cred and makes you more likeable in the eyes of everyone to be on the safe side. It also helps when having friends situated all over the city too.

3) Unless you're a white bartender working in Ft. Worth, don't live in FW for the young professional or lack there of chicks. Can't go wrong with that decision.

Messages In This Thread