rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

H. Casanova's 36 Hours in Mexico City Data Sheet

H. Casanova's 36 Hours in Mexico City Data Sheet

Quote: (02-05-2013 12:10 AM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

I forgot to mention but Mexico City is safe. It's the safest city in Mexico and safer than most American cities. It even has a lower crime rate than Washington, DC. The cartel crime is mainly in the border towns. The police presence in DF is constant and round-the-clock.

Well, I wouldnt call the city safe in general. Of course, in the rich areas (e.g. Condesa, Polanco, Lomas de Chapultepec), you wont have a problem and are able to walk around at night, but believe me, go to a little sketchier parts of DF (and Im not talking Tepito here) and you'll change your mind. I lived close to the UNAM for a year in a middle-class barrio and saw/heard some scary shit.
A 13-year-old pointed his gun at me, my Mexican host sister was almost kidnapped while riding a bus, a friend got car-jacked, the blockbusters close by got assaulted, the 7/11 guy got fatally shot and his replacement as well, a friend and his girl were drinking in some bar, got into a cab and were taken for a joyride which
ended in them having to empty their accounts, the list goes on.

Bottom line, use your smarts and avoid walking around alone after dark in somewhat sketchy parts of the city and you'll be fine. Taxis are generally safe, but if the driver looks like Danny Trejo with face tatts you should maybe wait for another one.

Messages In This Thread