rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Finding other cool guys to travel with.....

Finding other cool guys to travel with.....

I have done my fair share of traveling alone, so far 35 or so countries through out my lifetime. Most of which I have been to by myself, so obviously I dont NEED to find anyone else to travel with, but I find with the right guy friend(s) its definitely more fun.

I find its hard to find people to travel, they either dont have the money or dont have the time. I am not rich by any means but I retired at 32 and then by the bad influence of Timothy Ferris, sold all my shit and started on the move. I bounce back and forth between the US (NY and FL) and where ever I am.

I also like traveling with other people because I am kinda cheap. I like living it up, partying VIP and staying in Penthouses but dont like to rent those places/bottle myself. I have about 3,500 I like to spend and about 5k I could spend a month, not needed free money.

It seems there are a lot of community people on here, but unlike most forums they are not keyboard jockeys. Most community people I have met are weird and cant back shit up. I am pretty well known/respected on the NYC forums, same username, however I have all but removed myself from that life.

So question is as follows. I have the means and the time to travel, how do you other guys find people with the same to travel? I do realize many guys on here do the hostel thing, its just not my cup of tea to walk down a hallway for a shower (though I grew up poor so I dont look down on it)

Second question? Any other cool dudes on here that want to travel?
You dont have to be rich, but have a little coin..... also any other guys living it up in other countries that want to show me around?

I havent been to Brasil or Argentina yet, but they are high on my list. I loved colombia and have been all over numerous times.

Kiev, Australia, NZ, Thailand, sweden, peru, are a few places I want to go to. I have also been tossing around shipping a nice suv down to colombia and doing a driving tour of S.A. also wanted other people so share costs so I can spend money on doing other crazy stuff.

Who is going where when? UPDATED MAY 17 2010

JMB: June 6 (Ukraine with plans to visit Turkey, Spain, Germany), July 14 (Thailand) (CLR is strongly considering going)
Vacancier Permanent: South America 6 months Starting October 2010
EndGame: Summer 2010 Berlin, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Ukraine, and Croatia. Maybe Turkey
Gringoed: In cordoba, Brasil
Pepini: Oslo, Norway, first week June 2010 (CLR strongly considering)
CLR: In costa Rica, planning on Colombia/brasil end of May, Kiev, or Oslo (meetup members???) in June, then June 26th 2010 Florence, open after that

family dude: in area of black sea, offering to show people around

Messages In This Thread