rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

South America or SE Asia? Help! Need Advice RE Living Costs et al

South America or SE Asia? Help! Need Advice RE Living Costs et al

I have a pleasant but relatively difficult decision to make pretty fast, and would appreciate advice. My question is mainly about quality of life and living costs, although I also ask about romantic pursuit...

I have enough money to last me 9 months - 1 yr living on an average of $1500-2000/month, assuming that I don't get any other source of income. I have two main questions:

1. Not considering cost, would you choose SE Asia or South America as a longer term place to live? And why?

I've already lived in S. America for 3 years before, mostly Brazil and Argentina. I'm fluent in Portuguese and speak OK Spanish. I also prefer the women in Brazil and Argentina to Asian girls. I know how to get around these countries, have driven around them before, etc.; by contrast, the only time I spent in Asia was Japan, and I found that a bit alienating so I left.

So why isn't it a slam-dunk to go back to Argentina or Brazil? Here are the reasons against: it's fucking expensive! Life in Brazil (Rio most of all, which I like a lot) has become especially expensive lately, and it's not cheap in Argentina either. Second, I like seeing new places and I think it might be exciting to visit SE Asia--many opportunities for all kinds of different countries to enjoy. Third, and here especially I would appreciate some advice from people who have experience with this, I heard it's easy to get a decent job in SE Asia, whereas it's next to impossible in South America.

So I guess question
2. How easy is it to find a reliable source of income in SE Asia?

Anyway, any advice on living costs and quality of life in these areas would be much appreciated; also advice on how SE Asian girls differ from Brazilian/Argentinian.

Here's another main concern regarding quality of life: is there anything to do in Bangkok/Singapore/Vietnam, other than the girls and seeing new places? I heard life can get very boring there very fast. I'm thinking that after 2 months I'd be bored out of my mind in Thailand.

Thanks!

Messages In This Thread