rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Shedding 30 lbs in a year with minimal exercise

Shedding 30 lbs in a year with minimal exercise

It's been a year now since I peaked out at about 195lbs, I'm about 5'7''/5'8''. I checked in today at about 165. I worked out for a total of 1 month, thanks to Hencredible's post about 30 day gym memberships off amazon local. Nothing too strenuous, about an hour on the treadmill/bike, light nautilus after, and 20 mins in the sauna. This was last April.

The main adjustment was my diet. I realized I was eating a TON of carbs, going through an average of 2 loafs of sour dough bread, 1.5-2lbs of pasta, and the additional rice and potatoes in a week. I stopped buying bread, and ate my way through the pasta I stockpiled in the house. I guess I'm on what you might call the Paleo diet. I haven't cut out carbs totally, I will occasionally buy a single loaf of french bread, or a single package of pasta. All I do is try not to eat meals where the majority of calories are coming from carbs. No carb based meals, that's the only hard rule. No dairy at all. I seldom eat breakfast. A typical meal will consist of 2 or 3 chicken breasts with sauteed vegetables. I eat plenty. Although I consider my diet to be nutrient rich, I still eat plenty of junk, and my diet is high fat. Looking at myself in the mirror, I think I could still lose another 15-20lbs without looking emaciated. Maybe after I drop a little more weight I'll add some definition, but I don't really have the desire to be jacked.

I've been juicing for a little over a month, and although I felt good prior to that, I feel better now.

Anyway, my weight peak coincided with my joining this forum.

Messages In This Thread