rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What happens when you break 220 lbs?

What happens when you break 220 lbs?

Quote: (01-25-2013 01:36 AM)scorpion Wrote:  

Strength and muscle size are two different things. The only thing people respond to in the real world is your muscle size and definition. They don't know or care how much weight you can lift. They just know if your body looks strong and impressive or not. If you want to generate the maximum response from people, focus on bodybuilding specifically to build muscle, not to put up bigger numbers on your lifts.

Can someone expand on this? I really want to add on more muscle size and definition. I'm currently doing the Stronglifts 5x5 program and actually love it. I find it cool that I can lift this much coming from being very weak.

But I do see a lot of other guys doing it and some are just bulky/fat but super strong. I have no interest in this. Yet I see other ripped guys doing isolation exercises like bicep curls on machines. So now I'm confused.

I'll just be honest, I prefer aesthetics over how strong I am. Is Stronglifts the wrong program?

Messages In This Thread