rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The story on Cali Colombia

The story on Cali Colombia

Note to admins pls lmk if i should be adding stuff like this to different threads saw a few on Cali and chose this 1.

After a short trip, I feel this should be updated. 20 approaches (10 I remember well), one colombian close, higher quality than USA average by 1-2 points and my first ever "polyglot" close. I know one thing for sure, I won't be rocking up a girl. Ever. This was a large eye opener. It's hard for me to believe everyone in this city doesn't cheat on each other. Even the guys with game. I'd say a Colombian woman is extremely extremely good at "kissing your ass" and making you think with all her power that she loves you. Of course when you're out, she's riding some other guy's dick behind your back. It's very hard for me to pinpoint exactly how I got this gut instinct, but I trust myself and rarely
Delude myself. In addition, I don't view this as bad per se just realize sex is easier to be had at the cost of her cheating on you... Of course you'll be cheating on her too. Hard to explain in text but that's about the best I can do. Two real big things that made me feel this way was

1. When a girl was sitting with some guy kissing him, my girl for that night leaves, he goes to the bathroom. She gets up b-lines it to me and asks me where I am from, if I live near by and if I want to learn how to dance. She then bolts back just in time to sit down before said kissing guy comes back and then eye fucks me while dancing with him.

2. Overheard another convo with a Colombian girl saying how as long as her "boyfriend" takes care of her with $$ she will stick around. For fun I opened her, got her number and had a little bit more understanding of what was going on.

Effectively, everyone is cheating and that is "ok" just don't get blatantly caught. Maybe being cynical, just writing what I believe from the trip.

Approaches:

1. Hey what's up where's the supermarket? (hmm I think there is one in the mall). Oh okay thanks, do they sell sleeping pills here, I thought Colombian is where it's at to get all my drug needs, smirk. (haha, I don't know, it's my first day here). Oh really I just moved near la sexta. (oh that's great, well I hope you find your drugs!). Thanks so much Tchau.

2. Hey where did you get those jeans they look very Colombian! (ohh really? I got them from Chipi chappe) What's that? (a big shopping mall) Hmm okay do they sell men's jeans that are colombian cool like yours [Image: smile.gif]. (hehe yes they do, where are you from everyone knows Chipi Chappe). I just moved here from xx in USA, learning how to dance and practice my bad Spanish. (Your Spanish is good, and you found the right place to learn salsa). Good! I need a dancing partner for bachata, mambo, Cumbia and others! (laughs, How do you know to dance?) I took classes in the USA, I will look like a crazy foreigner. We should go out and dance one day. (hehe okay, exchange nums)

3. Meet a forum member, he helps me out getting into a couple venues. Night time. "hey you look like you know some English". (Yeah I am from austria!) Oh okay cool do you know how to dance?(No.)Want to learn? (Of course!, dance for a few minutes, you loveee it here!) Oh it's my first day. (wow really you want to meet my 2 friends from Colombia?) sure sure. (oh give me your number too I leave in a few weeks). Okay, exchange. Dick around a little and leave. I toss the number bc she was not up to standards, but I learned a little bit about the Colombian night life. Go out some more and go home early beat up.

4. Go to gym, "hey what's this" point at machine. (ohh thats a leg machine it works like this, demonstrates). Oh really never seen that before. (oh okay, she goes back to working out).

5, 6. Both online approaches met both of them. All I did was sloppily throw up photos and ping girls and got 2 to bite. Both didn't live up to standards. Nexted them after asking them where to go out. Apparently a place called Juanito.

7. At the mall. I like these pants, what do you think?(oh they look bright). Yeah I like them for a night out dancing. (she's already playing with her hair hard, do you like to dance salsa? You don't look like a Colombian.) I love it! Just moved here to learn and practice Spanish! (great! Cali has the best dance spots in the world!) Really? It's hard to find dancers because they go out in large groups :/. (hmm I see that is true, you need to meet more people). Okay want to be my first Colombian friend? (hehe okay sure) ask for number, exchange. Blah blah blah forgot a tad here. Then I dropped my new go to line "do you know where I can buy good silverware?"(hmm I think this store is good, points across mall). We walk over talk more about what kind of glasses and dishes I want etc. She's flirting 10x more. (more banter). Okay so we can go out an dance sometime soon! (sure!) okay I will call you, bye.

This one turned into a bang.

Went out dancing on a Thursday and ran my US style game. Asked to come and drink at my place rest was history.

8. Juanchito night club, girl opens me. (what's your name) WestCoast (oh you don't live here). I just moved here from blank. (my friend likes you, dance with her). Okay sure. Dance with girl, things start getting really loud in club. I get locked in, was basically number scavenging 7-10 numbers in 1 hour). Kiss the first girl I danced with. Exchange numbers. This one would have been closed if I stayed longer, no doubt in my mind.

9. Hey where can I find a good place to buy silverware? (hmm my mom shops over there I think, points at a store) Okay is it good. (I think so) I like the square plates with designs on them. (hm I think they have it, why are you shopping for silverware on a Friday evening?) I just moved here. (Really, great!) Help me pick out some stuff for my apartment in nice area of town. (hm okay sure). Same convo as #7 talk about why I moved here and ask to go out and salsa with same guilt bait on people going out in groups and not meeting people.

10. Hey what do you think of these glasses? (hm they are a bit small, you don't sound like you're from here). I just moved here from xx in USA, need to buy silverware, plates, glasses and other things. (hm confused look) Yeah the glasses look a bit small but I like this, point at design. (ah I see it looks good, why did you move to Colombia?) I want to become fluent in Spanish and practice salsa.... Blah blah more interview and asked for number to go out and dance, was declined saying she has a boyfriend.

11-20. Same 6 more dishes approach 4 numbers. 4 more night approaches, 1 number.

Costs: I spent about $150 USD a day excluding apartment, that included clothes shopping, going out all but one day, gym membership, one other higher cost item to remain anonymous and a cheap cell phone. Overall Colombia is relatively cheap even at the high end, there are of course some downsides, eg. Much less to do in Cali during the day. There is a zoo and a mall. That's about it. Also some sugar cane plantation, I could care less about that.

Food: why is everything flavored with paprika? Blows my mind. Definitely loses on the taste front. Things that were enjoyable were the natural juices also sold in the street. The pasta and soup items were good. You can find good food in Chipi chappe and you'll pay around $17-20 USD for a good meal by Colombian standards.

Drinks: Arguadiente tastes like minty vodka garbage. Positively, beer is cheap and they do have various vodkas. At high end clubs half bottle of vodka with juice is going to cost about $40, cheap and entry is about $7 USD a person. If you go to the top top, entry is about $10 USD and a beer is going to run $6 USD like USA standards. The place will be packed with much better looking women of course, also comes with a slight d-bag vibe expected when you go higher end. At the mid end for SA a beer is going to cost about $3 so cut all costs roughly in half from the top end to the middle class.

As per usual with my travel style went mid class for SA standards to super high end. I'd say as soon as you go sub 4 estrato barrio it's not really worth the trip at night, risk to hot girl ratio isn't good enough.

Taxis: to get around the majority of the city you're looking at $14 USD. Didnt have any issues with cabs. Just get the "clavo" number for when they pick you up to confirm the correct taxi. All the numbers are easy to remember just dial all 4's.

Night Dynamics: I ended up reading the bang Colombia guide after a couple days here, agree with the "dynamics". People come in large groups and sit at tables, they then get up in pairs dance, come back sit down, scream the songs they like and drink up.

In terms of breaking the code, honestly its all being able to dance. You don't need to have any dance skills to get laid here, however, without it you're at a disadvantage. I don't dance exactly like a Latin person but They can tell I know how to dance and it was a bit different in terms of rhythm. Honestly, my night game Dynamics didn't change substantially, the only real difference was the extremely large advantage of having a girl join you. Even then? You can pull solo, just don't try it at the high end like Lola's or Favela. The top end you need arm candy from what I saw.

Day game: At this point, I'm entirely switching my life to the day game model. The only upside to night game is practicing dancing which I'll continue to do. However weekends will be spent trying to make more $$, and get healthier. In Colombia, it is no different than the USA, you can pull a rabbit out of the hat once and a while, the quality is better and you save time money and health. You also show up to whatever date venue "locked and loaded" so you can leverage to get more girls or simply have a higher close ratio.

Online game: took a lazy approach here and did it. Disliked it due to quality and met 2 girls who would have been bangs for sure, just didn't pass my standards. I'll try again in the future when I get some better photos.

Locations:
Granada - high end estrato 6, Avenida 2-7 has all the bars and clubs.
La Sexta - another slew of clubs, up middle end estrato 5.
Menga - near Chipi chape mall. More clubs (Jalla Jalla, Lola's, Favela - highest end) estrato 5.
Juanchito- just outside Cali, tons of salsa places and people on Colombian party buses. Just lined up with peeps hard 2 remember the names of all places but this is a mid class area not as safe.

Some final thoughts,

1. Colombian men and women have balls of brass steel. Be certain if you look in the wrong direction for 5 seconds your girl/or even you, will be opened.
2. Dont come here without mediocre Spanish at minimum. I relied more on dancing and mediocre Spanish, but I believe advanced Spanish and no dancing is better.
3. Don't come here if you get jealous.
4. Do not bang chicks w/o condoms, even if you're damn near engaged. Again I'll place more cash on a Colombian cheating on you than a brazillian. Not to say that's all bad, just means easier lays. Weird experience since it contradicts a little bit of what is discussed on here about their feminine nature, I'd classify the Colombian woman as an "aggressive ass kissing gold digger".

With all that said, with all the places I've visited I rank it as number 3. Behind Brasil and GDL Mexico. I'll be back to the country and may visit a different city just to see if the culture changes.

Messages In This Thread