rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Facebook Security

Facebook Security

We are getting close to the point where I would expect federal employees and government contractors to be banned from using Facebook due to the massive social engineering risk users are exposed to. Facebook makes industrial espionage a lot easier. The problem is Facebook continually fucks with the privacy settings. A lot of people aren't aware that reverse image searches can pull up their Facebook profile even when they don't tell you their real name.

Facebook's new graph search is going to be a big problem: http://arstechnica.com/business/2013/01/...h-results/
http://www.forbes.com/sites/kashmirhill/...uckerberg/ (highly recommended to read)

This is my current Facebook privacy suggestion list -
#1 Always log out of facebook when your done
#2 Don't like anything, purge any likes you currently have
#3 Make sure no one can tag you without your permission, and then never accept the tags because facebook will automatically disable the permission for everything
#4 Don't check in anywhere unless it serves a specific purpose
#5 Your profile photo should be a large shot, where your face isn't hidden but the features aren't discernible. This photo should never be used anywhere else. You'll thank me when face recognition starts rolling out for public use.
#6 Always check your profile when your logged out. You can catch surprise changes quick this way.
#7 Never friend relatives, parents, uncles, etc. If you have, unfriend them immediately.
#8 Never friend girls your sleeping with, although if they try to friend you, then decide what to do. Inevitably you'll be friends with girls you've slept with and that is fine if its past tense.
#9 Don't friend people you barely know or don't know.

I'm watching closely how the social graph search thing works out. Depending on what it looks like, I will probably go through and purge a good chunk of my profile.

Messages In This Thread