rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Swedes marrying Thai's

Swedes marrying Thai's

Quote: (01-20-2013 02:15 AM)Vicious Wrote:  

Quote: (01-19-2013 11:49 PM)Hooligan Harry Wrote:  

Isnt it ironic that a country which is one of the most progressive in the world when it comes to gender, has this "problem" though?

Actually no, as you say this is something that's occuring globally and the nation with the most generous (marriage related) immigrant laws and least stigma attached to multicultural family units are simply going to be first. I don't see how gender equality even enters the equation to prevent these kinds of marriages.

Additionally, the generous vacation laws (5 weeks paid every year) and high popularity of Thailand as a destination (nearly 20% of the population has visited) means that the exposure is very high and becomes another major factor.

So in my mind this is actually a direct product of the nation's open society rather than a protest against it. I consider it a good thing (of course any CH fan will moan over the racial mix) that adds competition. As an added bonus I'm starting to see some interesting swe-thai mixes just coming into the (meat) market as fruits from the first wave of these marriages from the early 90's.

And for the record, Sweden's divorce rate is 47%, not sure where HH is getting the 55% figure.

It was stated in the article that I quoted the source too? I did not write the article dude, I commented on it. How exactly is it my figure?

And it seems as if the divorce rate IS 55%, so the article could be right.

[Image: Divorce-Rates-Around-The-World.jpg]

You have managed to miss the point spectacularly though.

If this was the sign of an open country welcoming immigrants, you would not have women openly moving to legislate against Swedish men in this way or saying that the entire thing needs further study and investigation.

Exactly how is this all about the wonderful, forward thinking, progressive utopia that is Sweden, when its seen as a threat requiring changes to policy and policing?

I think you have made the mistake of projecting your own postive stance on multicultural issues and progressive viewpoint and completely ignored the basis of the entire article in the process.

There is no real tolerance of this under the surface. If there was, you would not see the emergence of changes to legislation, shaming tactics through the press, etc.

Thats the whole point I was making. Men are looking to foreign women more and more, and as they start taking them for wives you are going to see an increase in the activity against that. More Swedish men will marry foreign than Swedish women, and I am willing to bet my left nut that your own statistics will show a far greater increase in the proportion of Slav and Asian women being taken as partners.

Messages In This Thread