rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Revealing Book Review about Women and Their Friendships

Revealing Book Review about Women and Their Friendships

Quote: (01-17-2013 04:08 PM)thedude3737 Wrote:  

Male friendship is completely different, and I suspect it's due to the evolutionary requirement that men from a particular group trust each other with their lives. I certainly feel that deep bond with my best friends. If you're out hunting or going to the battlefield together, the man next to you is as important as yourself. Women simply don't have an evolutionary precedent like this.

That's right.

In addition, men enjoy each other's company for its own sake. Guy 1 is not a friend to Guy 2 because Guy 2 is going to help him become a more complete person, or somehow help Guy 1 along the path of some sort of narcissistic spiritual growth.

No. It's all about camaraderie.

The other day on ESPN, the NFL LIve show played one of the Atlanta Falcon's D-Block, the impromptu show put together by Sean Weatherspoon and other Falcons just to have fun. They played this clip -- Matt Ryan on guitar and center Brett Romberg singing.

After they showed the clip, Cris Carter said, "When you are finished playing, that is what you miss -- guys in the locker room."

Right. The value is in the camaraderie itself.

Messages In This Thread