rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Cabo vs Mazatlan vs Puerto Vallarta

Cabo vs Mazatlan vs Puerto Vallarta

Quote: (01-17-2013 03:45 PM)Dark Cyd Wrote:  

Quote: (01-17-2013 07:23 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Quote: (01-16-2013 07:58 PM)Dark Cyd Wrote:  

Quote: (01-16-2013 04:24 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

I have been to Puerto Vallarta and Cabo.

It has been a while but honestly I didn't really like either. Or I should say I have no desire to go back.

Cabo has good waves if you want to surf. Mazatlan probably does too.

Both are beautiful, but I thought nightlife in Cabo sucked.

I also got jumped in Puerto Vallarta and was on the wrong end of a 3 on one beatdown.

So that probably plays a role in my opinion.

G, thanks for the response. At this point, I'm ready to cross Cabo off the list. Mazatlan seems the better option of the two left since it is almost twice bigger population-wise than PV which might translate to better nightlife and selection. The one downside is that it might have more narco violence than PV since it's closer to Culiacan.

Can you provide more detail in these streetfights in PV and Playa? Are these locals or other tourists?

I've been to Playa three times already. I'll def go again but would like to try something different for now.

In Puerto Vallarta it was with locals.

In Playa del Carmen it was a Mexican cat, but I don't know if he was local or a tourist.

Honestly both times I got really unlucky. Wrong place at wrong time.

I don't think it is common in either place.

I have a tendency to have a million to one shots work against me.

I've gotten into brush-ins with locals both in Lima & Medellin. No punches thrown in either. Both incidents involved somewhat drunk/belligerent random guys who backed down when I held my ground, squared off against them and showed that I was down to fight.

Both incidents were one-offs/isolated cases so I would like to think as you say, wrong place at the wrong time. Just the risk of being out in public where people are drunk.

Exactly.

Yeah, it is bound to happen every now and again if you roll out at night solo.

Messages In This Thread