rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Travel Hate

Travel Hate

Quote: (01-15-2013 11:06 AM)RioNomad Wrote:  

So much truth in this thread.

Most of my friends don't ask me much about living in Bangkok. I think it stems partly from jealousy, and partly that they can't even fathom what it's like to live in a foreign country. My best friend made a smart ass remark over Facebook when I mentioned something about my main chick driving me somewhere. He responded with "What!?! An actual car!?! haha". Apparently he, like many other Americans, think Thailand is filled with only poor hookers and ladyboys. Has not the slightest idea what it's really like, and that the streets of Thonglor and Ekkamai and littered with BMWs and Mercedes like the US is with Civics.

His only travel ambitions are to go to Ireland, England and Scotland for 10 days (he wouldn't be able to leave for longer because he has 2 kids and a worthless girlfriend to support. She would never let him leave for 10 days anyways) and spend $10k to "party like Charlie Sheen." I.E. cocaine and bang hookers.

Surprisingly though, I haven't gotten too much hate about Thailand. My time between trips has been spent in my hometown where everyone knows me, and know I've banged half of the town. So they know I don't need to fuck hookers. I thought I would get a lot more hate about it, but I haven't. If I wasn't known for being a player, I think I would get significantly more hate about it.

Generally, when folks know they can't fuck with you, you get silence. They won't attempt to try to clown you. They'll look at the ground when they see you coming. I do wonder why people aren't more curious - why they don't ask serious questions about life in another country, especially in terms of the challenges you may have faced and overcome, etc.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Messages In This Thread