rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Travel Hate

Travel Hate

Quote: (01-12-2013 01:05 PM)bacon Wrote:  

either way i found its best not to talk about travel unless you are in the company of fellow travelers.

its kind of like rich kids, ones with trustfunds, they learn at an early age to not talk about it unless your with another rich kid because you get hated on. imo share your travel experiences with close friends and dont talk to anyone else about it unless it comes up organically in the conversation or you are asked about it specifically.

I agree. For the record, I am not going around bragging about my upcoming trip or my travels in general, I was going to write about that in the post, but kind of forgot. I have come to a similar conclusion, and in general I feel like going around announcing to everyone that you're going on this fucking awesome 6 week trip to Mexico or wherever unsolicited does come across as bragging.

Just like when you see someone you haven't seen in a while and before you get a chance to say a word, they launch into a brag about how they are fucking 10's, making shit tons of money or whatever, it comes off as arrogant and can rub you the wrong way. I only really mention my travel plans or experiences if it comes up in conversation, if someone asks me what I'm up to, or for example a guy from my Filipino Kali class invited me to go to a knife fighting seminar in SF next month, but I told him I was going to be gone on my trip.

For those who know me, I have great disdain for arrogance, and great respect for those are humble. I strive for humbleness in all aspects of life, discussing and sharing my travel plans falls under that umbrella.

Messages In This Thread