rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Why are women attracted by money?

Why are women attracted by money?

I started a thread on the concept of 'hypergamy' awhile ago. And just want to go in a different direction.

I am not a woman. So - it can be difficult to precisely answer seemingly simple questions.

For instance - why are women attracted to rich guys?

The first answer. Would be the cynical one. Along the lines of all women are the same but the only honest ones are hookers since they are open about it up front. Yet - a hooker will not find a client to be sexy. Whereas I am wondering if a woman will find a rich guy to be genuinely sexy?

With that in mind - I want to try for a different answer which seems fairer.

I think being rich and successful changes the way a woman perceives you. For instance - imagine you had a pleasant conversation with a guy at a dinner party.

And just before you returned to chat to him some more. Someone took you to one side and told you that person was a convicted axe murderer who was released from prison 3 years ago.

Or you were having a boring conversation with somebody. And only later, you found out that the person was a Nobel prize winner in Physics.

The way you visualise these people would profoundly shift in one go.

Guys love sexy girls. And we don't just love their tits and asses. The way we perceive them as a complete person is shaped by the way they look. Which is why if a girl puts on a load of weight and becomes ugly - our reaction to them as a person will completely change. Even though - their personality will often not be that much different to how they were originally. Which is why cute girls being dumb is cute. And fat girls being dumb is maddening.

So - if we run with the second answer above. It is helpful to remember that women are genuinely attracted to a guy who is rich. As opposed to somehow cynically looking to 'sell themselves to the highest bidder'.

In the same way guys might get together to talk about the local girls who are hot. Women might get together to discuss which local guys are rich. At base it is the same sexual drive.

And if this is correct (and I would be interested in other opinions) then we shouldn't be dismayed by 'money grubbing' women in the same way they shouldn't be by 'hot looking young lady grabbing' men.

I hope the above makes sense. I am just trying to consider a different way of perceiving female desire for wealthy guys which is more generous than that usually given.

Would love to hear from others on this topic.

Cardguy

PS This is a topic I have wanted to discuss for awhile. But I was prompted to do so by reading this article from The Economist.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/freeexcha...nder-roles

In the above link I find the comments more interesting than the article.

PPS I am very interested in the field of Evolutionary Psychology. But I don't think it is helpful in analysing the above. Since I am trying to find a description of the subjective feelings and reactions a girl has to a rich guy. As opposed to what the higher evolutionary purpose might be.

Messages In This Thread