rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Staying Sober at College

Staying Sober at College

Hey guys, I have a bit of an issue that's really been fucking with my head.

So I don't want to get into too much personal detail, but I've basically struggled with chronic male yeast infections for a little over 2 years. Nasty, I know...

Through a lot of research, doctor visits (both medical and naturopath/homeopathic), and personal experimentation, I've found that my problems are basically erased when I keep a clean diet, and most importantly when I stay away from sweets (sugar) and ALCOHOL.

The past few months I've essentially abstained from alcohol, and I've been feeling the healthiest I've felt in years. Tomorrow I'm going back to school for spring semester (I was suspended this past semester).

I'm going to be living in my Frat House, so the fact that I'm at a big University + living in a frat house makes the idea of not drinking really tough.

In relation to gaming, I'm a sometimes quiet and reserved dude, and I tend to use alcohol to help loosen me up. I'm afraid that being sober will be extremely awkward and uncomfortable when I'm going out on the weekends and chilling with a bunch of wasted college kids.

I know that not drinking AT ALL is what's best for my unfortunate health issue, but I feel like people will think I'm being a bitch and/or that I'm weird for not drinking at such an environment like College. I also feel like it's going to be much harder to have fun on the weekends and other nights I would normally go out, if alcohol isn't involved.

Any advice/reassurance would be much appreciated.

Messages In This Thread