rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Custom Suit in Southeast Asia

Custom Suit in Southeast Asia

Quote: (01-08-2013 02:53 PM)Beyond Borders Wrote:  

Quote: (01-08-2013 12:41 PM)opening23 Wrote:  

Quote: (01-08-2013 11:58 AM)ao85 Wrote:  

Planning a trip to Indonesia and Philippines soon. Two Questions:

1) Buying a custom suit in Bali - is it worth it? It will be 5x cheaper than the US, but how will I know the quality is decent? Is there any easy way to tell whether a tailor knows what he's doing?

2) Wearing a suit in SE Asia - given the hot weather, is it worth it? Will I just be seen as a walking ATM for the touts? Figured it would be a way to distinguish myself from the sex tourists, as well as the meatheads and backpackers.

Thoughts?

I am in Bkk now. If you come here. Last year, I used Prince Tailors. Sucked. Low quality. This year, I'm using Majestic Tailors at Nana. Very very good.

I've posted about this before but not sure where.

There's a tailor in Bangkok that the Bush family, secret service members, and other American elite have been going to for years. Rajawongse Clothier.

I've contacted them before and if I remember correctly they're still locally-priced, even with their fame. If I were to go tailor-shopping in BKK, this would be my first stop.

Here's an article: http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/worl...ilor_x.htm

Other than that, I'd be real hesitant about paying for anything there without doing your proper research, unless you're already well-educated about what makes for a good suit. Do some research in the expat forums for recommendations. Make a post in one if you need to. Or talk to well-off Thai friends.

Sounds like you're happy with your current tailor but I think Rajawongse Clothier would be well worth a look.

Quote:Quote:

I don't think it will influence things one way or the other. What matters here in Bkk...and I assume where you are going as well...ain't your suit. It's your bankroll. You could be wearing flip flops and shorts. I've seen lots of guys in terrible clothing with hot girls. It's called...YOU GOT THE CASH...YOU GET THE GASH. Have fun!

This is a fallacy and only applies in tourist bars stacked to the door with hookers, freelancers, and the poorest women in the country. Wear flip flops and shorts at a mainstream club, and you will not only be a laughing stock, even if you don't know it, but be looked down on. This is not a proper way to dress in Thailand unless you're at the beach or fraternizing with the lower classes (even with the lower classes you should probably reconsider).

Suit game could go a long way in the nicer clubs, and you will definitely not be the baller in the room. the wealthy there have money like you and I could only dream about.

Anyhow, you can pull hot women without dressing nice, but just accept they will be bottom of the barrel in Thai society. If you want the real goods, you'll need a far different game than most farang bring.

Can you even get in the top clubs in Thailand in Flip flops and shorts?

Messages In This Thread