rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is it ever ok for a guy to take his wife's last name?

Is it ever ok for a guy to take his wife's last name?

His name was pretty bad. He did well to change it.

He's probably also scoring mad points with his new father-in-law. "Hey new son-in-law, how'd you like me to pay that down payment for you on that new house?"

I've seen wills get rewritten for less. That's how smart of a move this is.

You can bet the wedding gifts from the Anderson side of the family were all extra generous.

Likewise if you have a name that translates badly into English, like Lipschitz or Gaylord, you should ditch it in a heart beat. Your ancestors are not honored by their progeny being held back by a name meaning something they didn't intend in a different language in a distant country.

All sorts of people get held back in life because of dumb names their parents gave them. Part of being an adult is not being limited by what your parents did, fixing the mistakes they left behind, and improving yourself beyond what they were capable of.

This guy would be a chump to hold onto to either of his names:
[Image: anass-afadass.jpg]

and what idiot would name their kid "Jesus Condom"? Really. That's just mean. Change this kid's name, now.

[Image: jesus-condom.jpg]

"Alpha children wear grey. They work much harder than we do, because they're so frightfully clever. I'm awfully glad I'm a Beta, because I don't work so hard. And then we are much better than the Gammas and Deltas. Gammas are stupid. They all wear green, and Delta children wear khaki. Oh no, I don't want to play with Delta children. And Epsilons are still worse. They're too stupid to be able to read or write. Besides they wear black, which is such a beastly color. I'm so glad I'm a Beta."
--Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

Messages In This Thread