rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I Don't Have Fun At Parties Or Clubs

I Don't Have Fun At Parties Or Clubs

Hey guys, I'm wondering if anyone has this experience.

I'm a naturally introverted guy, but I am great socializing individually or in small groups. If I'm just chilling out and talking with groups of people, I'm having fun and people have fun with me.

Basically I have fun everywhere except when I go to a place with a lot of people and a lot of stimulation, like a college party, and ESPECIALLY when I go to a nightclub, I feel absolutely miserable.

I'm super, super awkward in those kinds of places.

It's like a shut down, feel bored and just start observing. Because I'm clearly not having fun, I feel like the people I'm with feel bad and it takes away from their nights.

I've really tried to get better. I've forced myself into those situations over and over again, but that hasn't worked besides making me numb to the stimulation, but still unable to have fun.

The reason why it's bad is that I feel like it limits my opportunities. It's embarrassing to be hanging out with a group of friends and when one of them says "hey, let's go dancing," I want to do anything but go out.

It's embarrassing to be dating a girl and make excuses every time she wants me to go out with her and her friends because I feel so uncomfortable at those places.

It's embarrassing to couch surf and not have fun with 1/6 of my hosts because they take me out and feel bad because I'm not having fun.

Have any of you guys been where I'm at, and how did you deal with it?

Messages In This Thread