rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Datasheet: Cali, Colombia

Datasheet: Cali, Colombia

Hello Everyone!

First I want to say that it was fantastic meeting up with the NYC crew during International Meetup Day. I haven’t posted in a while but I figured it was time that I pry myself away from the new Starcraft 2 Expansion: Legacy of the Void for a few minutes to give everyone an update on my favorite place in the world: Cali, Colombia.

In case anyone missed it, here is my last report on Feria de Cali: thread-34998.html

At the end of 2015, I went back to Cali for the first time in 2 years, and also spent a few days in Medellin for the first time in 6 years.
It is with great enthusiasm that I tell my brothers in the Anglo world that if you haven’t gone to Colombia yet, NOW IS THE TIME! It’s better now than it has ever been for several reasons:

Currency Exchange Rate
This is the link to yahoo’s currency converter:
https://finance.yahoo.com/currency-conve...=EUR;amt=1
If you compare the U.S. Dollar or Euro to the Colombian Peso, click on the 5 day trend, then click 10 years or Max along the top of the graph, you will see a curve going steadily upward. Right now, from what I can see, the dollar is higher than it has ever been versus the Colombian Peso. The official rate today is 1 dollar to 3321 Pesos. After fees are deducted, your official exchange rate will be little lower but it’s still fantastic! Two years ago, it was 1 to 1800 – the value of the dollar has almost doubled! Everything is even cheaper than before if you’re spending dollars and Euros.

Less Women With Plastic Surgery
From what I’ve noticed, there is a trend of less plastic surgery in both Cali and Medellin and from what my friends explained to me, the trend of enormous fake boobs and butts was previously driven by the narcos and now it’s passing. In general, young girls 18-22 are far more likely to be 100% natural, or at least be limited to boob jobs compared to women slightly older. Butt jobs are far less common than they used to be which I think is great – many surgeries were absurd looking. After not having been to Medellin in 6 years, the change was much more apparent to me. Lovers of natural women rejoice!

Things Are NOT On the Decline (Yet)
More and more people in Colombia have smartphones but they have not been enslaved yet. I don’t know how long this will last but I suggest you visit right now because these are still the good old days – things may stay the same but they certainly can’t get better. While waiting at the airports, people still talk with and interact with their family members and friends instead of ignoring everyone around them while staring at their smartphone. The same applies for commuters on the train in Medellin, and Mio buses in Cali. At the airport charging stations, there’s a good chance you will not find a single person charging their electronic devices. You won’t see many phones out at clubs and parties either and girls are just as friendly as before. Outside of Bogota where I get the feeling some feminism might be taking hold from reading online articles, the patriarchal society centered around the family is still alive and well. There has been no noticeable increase in the percentage of the population being able to speak English. Girls are still pleasant, feminine, and are not overweight.

Cali Summary:
It’s cheap, the weather is great, the girls are wonderful, and the salsa is alive and well. Go. Now.

My next trip back to Colombia will be in a few months – I’ll definitely stop by Cali, but expect to spend more of my time exploring some of the lesser known cities in Colombia – Manizales, Pereira, Armenia, and Salento. Reports to follow!

Messages In This Thread