rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Fuck the NY TIMES....stop using links

Fuck the NY TIMES....stop using links

I partially started blogging because the NY Times pissed me off....Let me tell you a quick story....

Growing up I always had 2 newspapers delivered to my parents house, the wall st journal, and the NY Times.

I actually enjoy the NY TIMES, especially on Sundays. But about 5-6 years ago I came home and my father declared a "ban on the NY Times"

I said "dad, what happened?" ....He said "They have gone too liberal, I cant take it anymore"...

I found out later that my father was mad about some shit they said about the catholic church, and something regarding Iraq...He accused them of being "hypocrites", and he pointed out some past articles that he had written to them and had published.

Anyway, after a year had passed he decided to "take them back" and I was soon back to reading the NY TIMES.

Now don't get me wrong, I understood that the NY Times was predominately leaning to the left...I lived in NYC my whole life, i knew the deal. I also used to buy the NY POST just to balance out my political views..

BUT THEN:

I signed up to facebook for the first time, and immediately friended my elementary school crush. She looked OK, no big deal, but then 6 months later she announced that she was engaged....

I looked through her pictures to see who the guy was, and it turned out to be some hipster douche who worked for the NY TIMES....

When I saw who was writing for the NY TIMES I was slighty turned off....STRIKE ONE

Strike TWO, is how the NY TIMES has been consistantly losing money every quarter....They have a bad habit of writing some articles attacking "big business" but then every quarter they announce millions in losses....No offense but, if you cant run your own paper etc etc...They also got a sweet tax deal on some NYC real estate under mayor Guiliani

Strike 3 is with these facebook political arguements I have recently been getting into....Everytime I make a point and get into a slight arguement, some asshole doesnt know how to respond and instead they insert a NY Times article...

If you want to argue with someone, argue with someone....DO NOT submit some stupid NY TIMES LINK into your arguement. Make your own damn opinion!!!

But one thing I learned quickly is that with blogging there is no BARRIER to entry. I've I was really good I could defeat the NY TIMES. I can get more traffic, and I could make more money....actually I am already making more money than them...

Then some asshole will tell me "The NY TIMES only hires serious, accredited writers" "How can you compete?"

So what did I do? I wrote a fukin book ........

What have you published Mr. Liberal Arts working for the NY Times for a salary man?

So the point I am trying to make is, don't use article links to make a point, and just because something is printing in a big time, newspaper or magazine doesnt mean its not absolute bullshit...

And when some chick tells you they majored in literature or writing, ask her "So what did you write?"......

Power out!

Messages In This Thread