rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Thoughts on Networking (Career)

Thoughts on Networking (Career)

Quote: (12-26-2012 06:26 PM)PartyonBro Wrote:  

this is from some motivational book. i remember they had the example of the positive upbeat guy versus the negative introvert who was mad at life.

Do you remember the name of the book or anything else about it? I haven't read it. I'm an introvert and I wasn't mad about it until it got in the way of my job search. Dating as an introvert is simple now that I have some Game fundamentals down.

I wrote this after reading a ton of networking blogs and finally finding one that laid it out plain and simple in a few lines:
"Why would someone want to hire you if there are a million other people who have the skills to do the job?"
"If you are getting hired for temp, contract, or intern positions and they aren't turning into full-time positions it's because they don't like you. You need to improve your social skills"
"People don't care about how smart you are. The corporate career ladder is meritocracy that isn't based on productivity and intelligence. 80% of it is based on social skills."

Thomas the Rhymer is active on Roosh and his post on Alpha Versus Beta Job Search Strategies helped me link game to career. Beta job seeker plays by the common rules of the job search and is practically begging for a job. Alpha job seeker uses social dominance to take his pick of the best opportunities. Definitely worth a read

Messages In This Thread