rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

New to the forum got a few questions..

New to the forum got a few questions..

Hey Guys

I have been reading Roosh's blog for a while now and have been cruising the forums for quite some time soaking in a lot of good information. I am totally moved by the travel/pua lifestyle and really want to get my shit together in the hopes of living the life you guys talk about/live on a routine basis.

Not much for introductions but I am a young guy (26) with little gaming experience and have been living in the burbs all my life (formally West Palm Beach Florida..now Marietta Ga). I am hell bent on getting out of this town with my education and am looking to hit up graduate school for either occupational therapy or physical therapy. I am into lots of things health related (Yoga, Weight Lifting, Meditation, Cardiovascular) so it seems a natural match for me to pursue something in the health sciences.

I am currently confused on a few things that I have been looking at as to what is in store for me as I plan out the next five years of my life.

1.)I want to have a “college experience."

since my undergraduate years sucked balls and visiting Athens a few times getting down at UGA I realized I missed out on something. I graduated with a high G.P.A. (3.7) and got lots of “attaboys” (numerous debate awards, leadership program certificates, tutoring minorities, study abroad to Brazil) and being I am a minority (African-American) I should have no problem getting into a good school with a large population of students looking to have fun. The problem is where would the best place for me to go?

Emotion wise I am all about the University Of Florida since I am a die hard Gator fan and it is a top tier school for my field/partying. My only drawback is that it is in Gainsville which means even more small town nonsense when part of me is itching to live a city lifestyle. Any UF grads here that can clue me in one what it is like being a student at the University Of Florida? I was also looking at University Of Southern California (Since it is in LA), University Of Texas and University Of Santa Barbra, University of Miami, all party schools, all have reputation for being in great in my field.

2.)Miami/La

I was looking at these two cities as a place to start my career once graduate school is done but I am turned off by some of the comments on the forum. For one I am not shallow or materialistic at all (Vegetarian, Yogi, Thrift Store Vet, Spiritual, Far more Henry David Thoreau then Christian Troy ) and it seems that from what I hear unless I am rocking Gucci or driving an SL500 Benz the ladies won't even look at me (I got some good looks but can't compete with big rollers with dough if that is what the women in those cities are looking for).

That said, I have been broke all my life and chances are when I start making a salary I may rock the 2003 SL 500 (my field starts pay at 70k) but I can't see myself spending 2000 grand on a shirt or a night at some bar/club (rather save the money for travel). Bottom line....does a hippie type Lenny Kravitz looking Mfer that rocks Bahia Afro-Brazilian beads, black high top converse with a punk rock style..rather then gold chains and Express For Men clothes stand a chance hooking up with a random approach on a Brazilian girl in Miami or a “I'm an actress” girl in L.A.? Of course not every girl can be stereotyped as one category in both cities (I'm sure the girls of Hollywood versus the ones in Venice are different or Miami Beach versus Miami) but just want to see where would I fit in (if I could even fit in at all).

3.) South Florida Vs Southern California

Kinda leaks off of my second question but if you had to choose where would you live which would you choose and why (Pros/Cons)? I heard SOCAL is great for me being a New Age kind of guy but in terms of dating/gaming it blows and it is really expensive to live there (but the weed flows like water and that is something I can dig [Image: banana.gif]). I heard SOFL is great for dating, cheaper then SOCAL, more South American Latin, Caribbean Black or European women (which I prefer) but everything else sucks.

4.) How the fuck do you make small town game happen?

I have been going the same bars and clubs week after week and it blows [Image: sad.gif]. Atlanta is only 30 minutes away but Day2's are tough to set up since I can only go in the city once or twice a week and usually I'd rather be gaming then chilling with a cold approach. I accept my plate but shit it seems my University (3rd largest in the state of GA) and all 5 bars are the only places to game in Marietta, everything else is Atlanta.

Let me know whats up

Ish

Messages In This Thread