rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How Was Your 2012?

How Was Your 2012?

Plans 2012:
  • Finish my undergrad w/ improved GPA.
  • Achieve pre-specified lifting goals and running times
  • Fuck more hotties
  • Bring down debt
  • Make my boss love me
  • Finish renovating flat
Expectations:
  • Undergrad finished, well into grad degree with better results
  • Working on next fitness goal
  • No expectations
  • Less debt
  • In the same job
  • didn't really expect I'd have time to fix-up flat
Achievements:
  • BSc., and have started MSc. Grades aren't good enough.
  • Achieved most goals, but dropped the ball in august.
  • Have made a great deal of progress, but not as much as I hoped.
  • Lost my job, but found another. Not as thrilled about it, but it puts food on the table.
  • Ended up in a relationship, but still fucked a couple hotties on the side. Relationship itself was a disappointment.
  • Have instead furnished my flat with classy and tasteful furniture worth quite a bit.
I'm proud of all of my achievements even if I feel they've fallen slightly short of what I hoped for.

A coservative estimate would say my success-rate is about two-thirds, which is well above previous years. This also because I adjusted a few goals during the year to make them more feasible. The feeling of achieving a goal that took effort is something I really get a kick out of, so I think it's at least as important to make one's goals achievable as it is to be ambitious.

For next year, I have more realistic expectations as to what I can achieve and my goals will be somewhat fewer, but more ambitious. I have several success from this year that I can build on. Observe good habits, work on ending the bad.

Something else is work-life balance. I procastinate too much and this leads to imbalances. Sometimes I spend all my time stressing over some uni work, the other I worry about my job. Instead of working on making everything just a smooth, well-balanced flow and making minor adjustments. That's a major goal of mine for next year.

A year from now you'll wish you started today

Messages In This Thread