rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

People Are Leaving California In Record Numbers

People Are Leaving California In Record Numbers

Quote: (12-17-2012 08:51 PM)Anon-A-Moose Wrote:  

Tax the people who can afford it. If you make six digits, certainly seven, yeah, you can afford to pay for someone else. The concept behind it is simple and makes sense. Saying "you tax me and I'll not want to work" or whatnot is no different than the "omg if you make us pay healthcare I'll fire everyone!" routine...just blowing smoke. The rich will do ANYTHING to stay rich, that's how they GOT rich! No different than us trying to convince a girl it's ok to be slutty so we can bang her, we're doing what's in our best interest.

Our taxes go towards stupid shit. That does breed resentment. But there's still something fucked up when I was shit broke, living in the ghetto, making peanuts, and paying 25% and 5% state with 3% city without complaint (and barely eligible to even pay that), whereas someone making $150k/yr pays 35% plus 6.25% state, and bitches constantly (not referring to anyone in particular on this forum). The rich in the 1 mil class need more, but the 10+ mil group needs serious taxation. And we need to stop letting them offshore bank accounts too.

Everyone wants to raise taxes on everyone else except their own income bracket, and will rationalize away why it's moral; it's pure hamsterism. You get what you pay for. You don't want to pay that extra 3%? Oh well, cops don't give a fuck that your car got jacked, they're too understaffed to care. "No new taxes"? That mostly-white school your little timmy goes to is closing. You can't have social services and a functioning society, while not having taxes. See: any city that has no real tax base (like Baltimore). It's the same thing. The middle class shouldn't pay more than maybe 20% imo, the lower should get social benefits through more work-based stuff (jobs for the sake of jobs) and pay their fair share too. The rich have the capacity and stability to pay, therefore they should. The whining is nothing but white people problems.

Tax those who can pay, and put the taxes towards shit that's actually relevant and the people give two shits about.

Anon - do you know how taxes work ie FICA (payroll taxes) vs local taxes such as real estate tax, sales tax etc...It can be overwhelming. A very simple 10,000 foot overview: Your payroll taxes go to the Feds. They spend it on war, and so called entitlement programs such as Social Security and Medicare. They also dole out money to the states. A City like Baltimore gets revenue from property taxes and sales taxes. They will get get state funds from MD - again from your payroll taxes. My point is, raising income taxes will not benefit the groups you are talking about. It will all go to more federal waste. They do not spend our money properly. That is what I am opposed to.

It's not "white people problems"....it is US citizen problems. I agree with you 100% that we need to spend more on education / services to have a functioning first world society. Here is the complaint - the Federal Governement takes my, no, OUR hard earned money and just wastes it! So much of your paycheck is going to the war machine. See the below link. 82 Million a day on Afghanistan. How far could that 82 mil go in B-More? We don't need to be taxed more, we need to reduce spending.
http://armscontrolcenter.org/assets/pdfs..._Final.pdf

Messages In This Thread