rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Medellin still worth it?

Medellin still worth it?

Quote: (07-09-2013 09:53 PM)Tigre Wrote:  

Quote: (07-09-2013 07:52 PM)beerbelly@26 Wrote:  

So based on what ive read:
Medellin
pros: better city for recreation, better/easier climate, more developed city and more beautiful, larger city, some argue the paisas are better than the calenas.
cons: I have read some posts here about medellin being 'overrun' by gringos and such, and ive read others say its only in certain parts of the city, the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.
Cali
pros: seems to be the more 'authentic' experience as there are less tourists, make the dollar stretch here, girls would be more open because less gringos around, closer to the coast so you can make easier trips to a beach destination (?)
cons: Uglier city, the city is really hot, more intense and more dangerous, the complaints Ive read about Cali are that the nightlife is bad, but i dont see how the nightlife can be that off in a city of 2.5 million (?).
Thanks and feel free to message me i would be happy to buy a round (or a couple!) when im down there.

Most of those factors you mentioned don't lean one way or the other.

Fake tits - no difference between Medellin and Cali.

Both cities about the same size. Neither city is beautiful when you consider only the built environment.

While Cali is closer to the coast, there's no good beach to visit. Either way you'll be flying to Santa Marta or San Andres.

Expenses about the same.

There are more tourists in Medellin, but that doesn't translate into the gringo getting more love in Cali. It's a wash.

You have plenty of time. Why not go to both and see which one you like better?

That is what im thinking but i wanted to hear some opinions from guys who have already been..

Messages In This Thread