rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Time pieces

Time pieces

So a few years ago, when I first started doing well for myself financially I got the idea in my head that I wanted a nice watch. At first I was dead set on getting a Rolex as we all know that is the most prestigious brand of watch, or really the most well known. I decided that their was no way I would drop over 4 g's on the timepiece, and well if any of you are watch collectors you probably know that 4000 will not get you much in the world of Rolex. Their "Air King" models start at 4200 and in my opinion these are super weak, in style, size, etc., it seems like a watch made for a teenager, and most likely that's what rich bankers, lawyers, etc. by for their sons' 15th birthdays.

At this point I was thinking of getting a Rolex Seadweller or Mariner, because they are pretty much the dopest rolex you can get for a "reasonable price", but the old model that just got replaced this past year, used to retail at $7000, which was still a bit more than I wanted to spend on a watch. Then I started looking at the "second tier" brands such as Tag Heur, Breitling, Omega, etc., and saw that Omega made a watch that was almost identical to the Rolex Sea Dweller (the one I had my heart set on). I ended up taking the dive on this watch, the Omega Sea Master Planet Ocean: http://www.omegawatches.com/gents/seamas...anet-ocean .

I am totally stocked on this watch, I actually like the way it looks more than the Rolex, and have done my research on both watches, the Omega SeaMaster is basically equal to or superior then the Rolex in almost every way. It cost me over half the price of the Rolex, so I figure you're basically just paying twice as much just to have the status of the name "Rolex". I will put that $3500 saved to good use on a nice trip abroad. Anyways, just wanted to share my love for this watch, and wonder if anyone else here is a fan of nice watches. I know some how a lot of men get hooked on buying watches, and it becomes an obcession or addiction for them. I think I will try to withhold buying another watch as I am completely in love with my Planet Ocean, but I did see a few Breitlings that got me thinking...

Messages In This Thread