rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Side hustles while teaching English

Side hustles while teaching English

Quote: (12-04-2012 09:54 PM)RASER Wrote:  

Quote: (12-03-2012 01:38 PM)Bad Hussar Wrote:  

^^^ Bad Wolf

$80/h teaching English in China? Can you expand on this? Seems much higher than expected. Is this in Hong Kong?

You have not been, zillions of Chinese are uber rich and wealthy.

Most likely Shanghai or Beijing, never seen so many luxo shops and luxo cars as in China, they have bags and bags of money, love bling, and spend spend spend, no recession in China.

EVERY luxo brand has China to thank for saving there ass during the GFC

Over the years i have been, early days they moved around on push bikes, they are all gone now, its min. a scooter, car or limo

Well worth a visit, God knows what the joint will be like in 10 years time

"Lifes about, shooting your load"

You are right. I haven't been to mainland China, only Hong Kong. I should get myself there sometime to check it out, but so many places to go.

What do you and ^^^ Bad Wolf think about teaching something other than English? Like tutoring people for the LSAT (in China) for example. I'd say the stakes are much higher (potentially ivy league vs university X) so people would be prepared to pay more for this kind of instruction than ESL. Though obviously the market would be much smaller.

Messages In This Thread