rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Thoughts on China: Bearish or Bullish?

Thoughts on China: Bearish or Bullish?

Quote: (11-28-2012 05:44 AM)Wutang Wrote:  

Quote: (11-28-2012 03:57 AM)Norset Wrote:  

The interesting question is if China will attempt military expansions, or just set up enclaves in foreign countries (Chinatowns x100). I.e. have Chinese male expats working for chinese firms in foreign countries marry foreign (Asian) women (the Han Chinese are racist, but they are also pragmatic - avoiding revolution by males unable to find wives is more important).

If we go to go by history, China has traditionally not be an imperialistic nation like the Europeans and Americans have been. Even when they were at the peak of their power and capable of colonizing other nations, they chose not to. America has been in more foreign conflicts in it's less then 300 year history then China has been in it's 5000 year history. Look at the way China is dealing with Africa right now. They aren't barging in and overthrowing governments and setting up puppet regimes like the US has done in South and Central America nor are they sending in the gunboats like the British did to them in the 19th century and what the Europeans did to the Africans in the same century. Instead they are working with the governments of these African nations and investing money into the infrastructure of these countries. This has led to some criticism from Western nations that China is somehow violating human rights by working with governments known for corruption and abuse of their citizens even though said Western nations have brought forth more misery through their interference with other civilizations. The criticism from the west is just further fueling Chinese nationalism and the sense that the West is out to keep them down in the dirt - just like they did when China was being carved up by the West and Japan in the 19th century.

And Chinese have already been immigrating to South-East Asian countries for a while now. In Thailand and Vietnam, the upper-class of these countries tend to come from Chinese blood. The Chinese, especially those of Cantonese extract have been very successful when it comes to moving to these countries and setting up businesses. Outside of Anglos and Jews I would say that Chinese are the best and most natural capitalists - they love making money more then most other peoples do. Communism is pretty much totally contrary to the Chinese spirit and you can see how despite mainland China being Communist in name the people are very much capitalists. What two places on earth have the most economic freedom and unabashed capitalism? Hong Kong and Singapore, both of which are made up of mostly Chinese.

Thank you for your insights. Ok so my "prediction" is already happening; top Chinese men moving to other asian countries and forming new (powerful) families there. I assume you have some form of direct link to Chinese culture (user name?).

As far as Westerners condemning Chinas' capitalist expansion actions, I agree that it's hypocrisy at its finest.

Messages In This Thread