rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

More Feminist BS Crushed By Cold, Hard Reality

More Feminist BS Crushed By Cold, Hard Reality

Quote: (11-24-2012 05:10 PM)sixsix Wrote:  

There's actually data showing that some females in the board of a company will boost performance and profitability. You can of course question that, haven't looked into it myself. I can imagine diversity can be beneficial in some situations, but we all know every institution is built by men and then later women weasel themselves in or demand quotas.

The New Case for Women on Corporate Boards: New Perspectives, Increased Profits

Quote:Quote:

The benefits of having women on boards are not just theoretical. Data analyzed by Catalyst reveals that between 2004 and 2008 the top quartile of companies with the highest percentage of women directors outperformed companies in the quartile with the lowest percentage by 26% (measured by return on invested capital). And that’s just in the United States. Just because the U.S. isn’t budging from 12% of women on boards doesn’t mean other countries are similarly stuck. Countries including Norway, Spain and France all have opted for quotas that require women to hold a certain percentage of corporate boards’ seats (usually 40%).

Disgusting that they want to (and can) force private companies to hire people they don't want to. Go start your own company.
Correlation does not mean causation.

Companies that have a lot of women employees are more likely going to be prestigious firms since women are super risk averse and will almost always go for the safe companies first. Even in "man industries", the top firms still have enough qualified women to fill their staff if they wanted.

As for the research, sounds like something fun to check out. I'll see if i can figure something out if its not too much work.

Messages In This Thread