rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Rio de Janeiro - My writeup after three weeks.

Rio de Janeiro - My writeup after three weeks.

I think there should come another "game in Rio" post [Image: smile.gif])) Let me write some more about Rio - hope it helps, sorry if it gets very very long [Image: smile.gif]

All below reflects on women between 18-34. I have (and don't want to) ANY experience with 40+ dating. I'll write about this in 20 years.

I'm living in Rio after travelling to more then 50 countries & living in different parts of the world (born in Europe). I'm sure that it's safe to say that you'll find a huge number of top looking women in Rio, if it's not about the best place in the world, especially during summer time. Cariocas will not go out during the day when it's raining or "cold" (being 18-24°). You'll have to meet them at night during Rio's "winter".

In general cariocas are really open for conversations, very outgoing and love to touch while talking. there is however an important BUT:

Most beautiful women will try to avoid foreigners, especially the girls out of the mid-to-high-class. The problem is that they don't want to be connected to prostitution & at the same time believe most foreigners only come to find prostitutes. And as they understand you'll just stay for a short time, they believe it's not worth it to kiss-sleep with you & then say goodbye. Most of them however do speak English - although I have many female friends that while we go out refuse to use it when a foreigner approaches them [Image: smile.gif] .

Many foreigners also come with the "I'm rich attitude". While this helps for the favela dark colored women (safe me please attitude) the women living in Ipanema/Leblon/Barra mostly come out of rich families themselves. Trust me, when you are rich in Brazil, you are really rich !
This is one of the main remarks I get about foreigners when female friends talk about foreigners.

The most important thing when approaching a Brazilian women (and that counts for the whole country) is to be funny & put on your biggest smile. Don't try to be the cool guy and for sure don't wast to much time in buying drinks,... actually, just don't ! Don't wast to much time, as they'll loose interest, go for it, be clear & make sure it's all fun !

Portuguese will help you A LOT! Especially if you go outside the Ipanema/Leblon area where women in general are very approachable & have a very easy game... Area's I really recommend going to are Gavea (both baixo = hundreds of people drinking & having fun on the street and zero zero for a little up-scale fun). Other areas worth visiting are Tijuca, Lapa (Sundays), Barra and even Niteroi if you hit the right night/club/bar.

I personally like the model types, prefer blonds/brunettes with perfect sizes & up-scale atitude. These girls are mainly living in Ipanema/Leblon/Barra and go out in:
- Boox, Ipanema (TOP nightclub, LOTS of fun, a little small, pricey, the most beautiful girls 7-8-9's but you'll need a good game & style)
- Baronetti, Ipanema (famous, girls around 18-24,many 7-8-9's pricey, especially good on Tuesdays (girls night) & Saturdays/Sundays
- Bar do Copa, Copacabana Palace (top exclusive, women around 25-34, stunning, all looking for a rich husband - but no prostitutes [Image: smile.gif], you need a good game, but if
you do...)
- Zozo, Urca considered the best, very beautiful people during the weekend & on Thursdays - nice & approachable, Portuguese is however a nice thing as many girls there just had a basic course [Image: smile.gif]
- Nuth, Barra & Lagoa: Nice clubs, famous, both beautiful as well as good looking women and... the other once [Image: smile.gif] - Portuguese necessary with the 6-7's. Some 8/9's but you'll need your game right. Check the best nights while in Rio.

If you like to meet 6-7 and sometimes some 8-9's then you can head for Lapa (different clubs & bars there), Baixo in Gavea, Casa Da Matriz, Casa Negra (nice on Tuesdays & Thursdays), Cobral & Tijuca. The younger the girl is the easier it will be to approach her. They lack the experience with being used & dumped many times, which is about the natural sport in Brazil.

I recommend to have some local friends to take you out. They'll know where it's good to go on a given night & more important, they'll help you to get rid of your gringo image. I have different styles of friends, from surfers to the higher class carioca. Depending on the mood, evening & what type of women to meet, you'll need them to mix in [Image: smile.gif]

Also a typical one: when a girl approaches you or keeps looking to you (eye thing) she's probably a gringo hunter or working (GDP). Especially during the day, most of the girls in Rio will not look into your eyes as they are used to get ever Brazilian man approaching her immediately (in an annoying way). The Brazilian approach is very direct - I learned a lot from my Brazilian friends and now use it in the whole of South America, but only there [Image: smile.gif]

Don't worry to much about safety anymore. Rio is getting more & more cleaned up and much safer then MANY other cities in the US & even some in Europe. Don't be to gringo and of course, stay in the Zona Sul/Zona West area or go with locals. Don't worry a thing about Lapa in the night - but adapt to the very local atmosphere... meaning sneakers/flip-flops, short & t-shirt (except when going to the clubs). It's far away from upscale but so local & fun if you are in a group. I always take a nice girl 7-8 home after a night in Lapa since I go there with Brazilian friends.

PS1 A known word in Brazil = Ficar. It means you kiss, sleep, date sometimes, but are not "together". You can go out alone and tell everyone you are single. If you don't find anyone better, you know you have your ficar girl. I have done this many times (and do it now) even during some months. There are no obligations, just fun. Most (not all) of the women however hope you'll choose for them at the end... [Image: wink.gif] Just to show that Brazilian women in general love kissing, touching, affection and of course... sex.

PS2 I'm 32, visiting Brazil for more then 5 years now, and living here about 8 months.

PS3 I personally HATE the girls in Manaus... Just check some forums, I'm not the only one [Image: smile.gif] - most of them are ugly & they have an aggressive attitude... Santa Catherina is nice, but make sure you know your game & Portuguese !

Messages In This Thread