rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Israel and Palestine:Is This Ever Going To End?

Israel and Palestine:Is This Ever Going To End?

Glad to see that nobody arguing with me here disputes any facts, and only spouts rhetoric and inane chatter.

A quick search on the Everything Else forum shows that Israel comes up in searches about 2 times more than Syria. 3 times more than Sudan. 3 times more than Rwanda. 10 times more than Chechnya. Odd, there is about 100 times more killing in those places than here. 40,000 at last count in Syria. Why isn’t anyone talking about that?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syrian_civil_war

I recently saw a report about do-gooder Europeans coming to volunteer in Palestinian communities ‘ravaged’ by the occupation. They were allowed entry into Israel and had free access to travel, internet, religion, media, etc. They ended up volunteering on some large olive grove in the West Bank. When asked what they thought about the situation in Sderot, they didn’t know what that was (if you don’t either, stop posting here and look it up). When asked what they’d done to help the situation in Egypt, Libya, Tunisia, Syria, Darfur, Rwanda, etc., none of them had done anything. Those were genocides. Their stock answer was, ‘we all do what we can’. One said ‘that would be too dangerous’. I’ll let you all draw your own conclusions about that.

I’m not defending everything ever done by every Israeli ever. Someone mentioned the Irgun. It was founded to prevent Jewish settlements from frequent Arab raids, but ended up performing several terrorist acts. There are some settlers who cross the line in their treatment of their Arab neighbors. Some ultra-orthadox who do damage to both sides. OK. Show me a country without such history. Like anywhere else, we’ve got a silent majority that just wants to live and let live, and a few loud mouths who make trouble. Regardless, if you think we’re leaving here, think again. Saying we’re better as a diaspora? Guess you never heard of the Holocaust. If anyone else has any other ideas, well, like John Lennon said, we’d all love to hear your plan.

I would say that the majority direction in Israel in the 90’s was for peace, even at the cost of giving up large parts of land in the Territories. We’ve always done that, including giving the Sinai back to Egypt after they attacked us in return for peace. But it’s been spit back in our face so many times we’re getting worn out. The Camp David Accords were refused by the Palestinians. Egypt is close to tearing up the peace treaty. They regularly violate it by moving large weaponry close to the border. We pulled out of Gaza only to have thousands of rockets shot at our citizens. We had to tear up settlements and pull Israelis out of their homes to do that – it was an extremely painful process. Even the Palestinians themselves can’t put forth one face for negotiations – Fatah and Hamas killed each other in the hundreds a few years ago – how many of you called for peace? The point is, even when we want to negotiate, we don’t have anyone to do it with. It’s sweet when naïve people say ‘if you just gave up a little more land, all this conflict would end.’ Cute idea, if you don’t mind ignoring history.

Messages In This Thread