rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Internet Marketers: Selling E-books without a Pre-Existing Audience

Internet Marketers: Selling E-books without a Pre-Existing Audience

I hope the experts jump in on this, but here's what i've learned in trying to do the same.

Assuming you have a site up, and you have good product
- you need great sales copy on your site.
- you need to drive traffic to your site
- traffic + good copy = conversions = money

1) you can pay for google ads/some other ad network - the most expensive route, but probably the one where you have the most control over.

2) you can do "solo ads" - essentially find someone in your niche with a list, talk to them, and they use their credibility to blast their list with your product (flat fee, %..whatever you negotiate)

3) Search Engine Optimization - both on page (high quality content, page set up right) and off page (back links)

4) do a joint venture with an established im'er (there are jv partnership websites, plus you got black hat and warrior forum), and make it a click bank/affiliate product - and let the affiliates do the work of promoting it, provided that you give them a serious profit motive (50-100% commission)

- two step/DIY

a) break up your info product into basic and advanced. Give about 40% of the good content in product 1 (basic) away in the form of an e-book. Your target market opts in to your list, and through your list, you sell the other 60% of product 2 (advanced) @ your mark up.

I'm sorry I missed out on the good old days.

Quote: (11-15-2012 08:54 AM)RichieP Wrote:  

What's the smart thinking on info products these days?

A few years ago, you mention passive income and a popular business model was the 1-page sales letter, the $47 ebook, and buying traffic through Google Adwords.

I've had an awesome idea for an info-product that I'd write myself. It "solves my own problem", is a great value proposition (i.e. generates alot more value for the buyer than it costs) and Im nearly certain there's plenty of other people who would be interested, if I could get it in front of them.

However I know things have changed since 2006 with selling online. I know various smart online-biz types would say that just selling ebooks without a "warmed up", trusting audience is a pretty poor proposition - Info prods are best used when you have an audience of a couple of years that you have trust and credibility with, that you have a list to market to, that you can ask for input as you develop the product to laser-target exactly what they want, etc etc.

Also the idea that people dont buy ebooks for $50+ any more, and courses or "guides" at higher price points are more lucrative.

What do y'all internet marketers think?

I guess it'd take me maybe 3-4 weeks to write (optimistic, perhaps alot more), and then some figuring out of basic adwords/facebook marketing.

Id enjoy writing it and I can do the sales copywriting. I would be happy to do it in a way where a blog is an easy byproduct. If it takes a few months to build something of an audience via a blog before I can make some good money selling it, I guess I'd be OK with that.

Just wondering whether this is a good proposition or not in 2012, or whether info-products are a losing bet and I'm better off directing my energies to a higher ticket service or product that doesnt require a pre-gathered audience, just a solid offer and advertising.

Messages In This Thread