rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

learning languages

learning languages

Quote: (11-21-2012 02:17 AM)Pacesetter20 Wrote:  

Quote: (11-14-2012 06:47 PM)Alpha Hunter Zero Wrote:  

To Hades & other German speaking members: How hard is German to learn and is there another similar language one should learn before tackling on German?

The only language that I can see helping you with it is French (but only for some vocabulary).

I disagree that German is completely useless. I find German moderately useful in Central Europe. I've found it useful in central/western Europe if someone didn't know English a lot of the times they'd know a bit of German.

Additionally Dutch is similar to German and I can usually get the gist of a what a Dutch person is saying if they go slow or reading. This also goes (to a lesser extent) for Danish, Swedish, Norwegian.

Granted not exactly poosy paradises.

Who said German is completely useless?

I learn German because I love the language, but I think it will be useful because you can get around with German many places in Europe. Also - Germany's Economy is the biggest in Europe and will dominate the the Eurozone, until the Euro collapses.

Wald

Messages In This Thread