rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Anyone ever thought about...

Anyone ever thought about...

Quote: (05-09-2010 04:37 PM)Brandon E Wrote:  

Quote: (03-19-2010 12:33 PM)hydrogonian Wrote:  

Quote: (03-18-2010 09:21 PM)Brandon E Wrote:  

Quote: (03-18-2010 07:30 PM)hydrogonian Wrote:  

An argentine prison would probably be worse than death.

Fuck prison in Argentina. I was watching that show, locked up abroad, and some guys were locked up in Venezuela. It was litterally like war zone between two gangs in the prisons. The prisoners had more control of the prison than the guards did. The prisoners actually had guns. Crazy shit. Another good one to put Brazilian prison into perspective is the movie Carandiru. It's a true story about a prison riot that left 100+ unarmed prisoners dead and ended up shutting down the whole prison shortly after.

I wouldnt want to get locked up anywhere in South America. I'm sure there isn't that much difference between the depravity of the conditions, between countries.

Hell, France and Italy are supposed to host 2 of the most grueling prison experiences in the world. Perhaps not because of out of control prisoners, but because of the conditions prisoners are forced to endure by the prison system itself. France may be reformed by now, but they may not be either.

The point being that I think being locked up in North America is probably luxurious compared to most places in the rest of the world.

No way man, being locked up in North America would suck. I mean, I would never want to be locked up, but if I had to pick a spot it would be Europe or Australia. Basically anywhere else in the world would be hell it seems like. North American prisons are horrible though.

You ever see the movie "Catch Me If You Can" , about Frank Abignale, starring DiCaprio? Remember when he was in prison and sick, in France? Well, that was a brief movie depiction of his real life prison experience, as it was detailed in the book. If you want a good real life "been there done that" description of European prison conditions, read that book (its pretty short).

According to his experience, French prisons make North American prisons look like 4 star hotels. And his experience was in France, which is one of the most advanced European economies and societies. I can't imagine what lesser countries are like. He was scared to go to Italy, who wanted to extradite him next, as it was supposed to be much worse than his hellish experience in France. Instead, he went to Sweden, which he said did have very good prison conditions. Probably the best in the world, from his description.

Messages In This Thread