rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Switching from Windows to Linux

Switching from Windows to Linux

Ive been thinking of switching from windows after windows 7 is no longer supported because I hate windows 10. I hate how microsoft tries to force you into using their software that you dont want to use. I hate how they limit the users ability to tinker with the technology and really take full advantage of it. The entire time I'm using windows 10 I feel like I should be finger banging it on some icrap device. Then there's the privacy issues, not that we really have any privacy on anything electronic anymore, but Windows 10 is just so much more intrusive.

I have been running ubuntu in a vm to try it out but what I personally find to be the biggest obstacles to using linux is that almost everything is a pain in the ass to install if it will install at all without you having to screw around with it for 20-30 minutes. That and I don't know enough about the Linux file structure to be able to clean up mistakes I make while trying to get things that should work easily working properly.

Messages In This Thread