rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Switching from Windows to Linux

Switching from Windows to Linux

Just found this threat and wanted to say this;

Been using Linux for about 15 years now. Never used Windows anymore. Linux is the perfect system to really learn about computers. Especially about servers, networking and programming. It is also worth to learn about OpenBSD and FreeBSD.

It is worth to learn how to build your own distribution and to fine tune it to your own hardware as best as you can. This is simply to learn more.

After learning about Linux and scripting in Linux and programming in Linux I instantly had a much better understanding about how the Internet works. This because the Internet runs mostly on Unix based systems.

Linux is pretty much ready for the desktop. It lacks certain applications and is not perfect for gamers. In all other endevours Linux is much more friendlier to work with than Windows or MacOs.

When I now look at a Windows 10 machine or a Mac I just look in horror. Those companies are doing horrible things to Operating Systems. You do not own your own data anymore when using either Windows Or Mac. You have no control over your own machine.

I seriously suggest everyone who is in the slightest a bit technical to at least try Linux and give it a serious chance. It can do much more than you think and is superior to Windows and Mac.

Only three ways to do something: "The right way. The wrong way. Or my way. Obviously my way is best."

Messages In This Thread