rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Career Leap of Faith

Career Leap of Faith

Quote: (11-06-2012 12:14 PM)Lothario Wrote:  

Props to you for what you did 350, I think you are bound to have great breakthrough, I have never done career changes in my life but have moved to a different city and burned my bridges intentionally so that I can focus on getting a job in this new city and guess what it paid off.

I've moved to Pittsburgh from Dallas in 2010(24 years old) to get into natural gas research(from petro engineering). My cousin was up there and got me a job but it was a career change. Worked out for me there.

BUT, in March of 12 I switched from NG Research to roofing and construction sales(to get close to Texas) and the company I was with was corrupt and I screwed myself and am unemployed now. It's tough to find a job in the 4th quarter of the year because of budget cuts but in 2013 there will be o&g companies hiring like crazy like every year so I am going to be good to go. Right now I'm working for my uncle and getting paid under the table.

Just research the company you are with and ask other people in the industry about the company you plan to work for.

Messages In This Thread