rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I don't lift weights because I think it will accelerate my balding rate. Am I stupid?

I don't lift weights because I think it will accelerate my balding rate. Am I stupid?

Quote: (11-02-2012 02:13 PM)Cruisen_Chubby Wrote:  

... it's not testosterone that causes hair to fall out, it is simply the process of conversion of testosterone into DHT. The DHT is what is responsible for accelerating Male Pattern Baldness (MPB) ...

Yep, I've looked into this quite thoroughly, and what you need is medicine to inhibit the conversion of testosterone to DHT (dihydrotestosterone).

The medicine that does the job is called dutasteride. It is a medicine to prevent/reduce prostate enlargement (something that we'll all 'face', if we live long enough), but can be used off-label to reduce hair loss.

It is a stronger, and more precisely targeted, improvement on finasteride, which is prescribed by hair loss companies.

If you research dutasteride on the internet, you may find some talk about side-effects, of a not good, dick-related variety. I've been taking the stuff since 2005, and have had no problems ...

You can get generic dutasteride from various companies via the internet. The pills are 5 milligrams. My dosage regime is 1 per day for ten days when you first start, then 3 per week thereafter. The pills cost roughly $1 each.

I haven't lost my hair, after the first signs of thinning that prompted me to find out about this (and I'm lots older than you), but of course I _might_ not have lost my hair anyway. Without having an identical twin brother who didn't take the stuff, I'll never know.

Inhibiting DHT production still allows you your testosterone, with all the things that that gives you (muscles, hard dick, macho etc), while avoiding the less desirable 'masculine' trait of baldness (and possibly acne).

Good luck - pump iron, all the good things they say about weight training are true.

Messages In This Thread