rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How would you spend a $150 for grocery shopping.

How would you spend a 0 for grocery shopping.

Chicken thighs are cheap and taste better. Remove the skin. Usually you can buy the organic/hormone free kind there.

Walmart has something I ALWAYS buy, broccoli slaw. It's about 1.50 a package and I eat a serving with every meal.

Added to the slaw, I'll put almonds and sliced tomatoes and a can of chicken (or cooked thighs) or Tuna (both by great value, the tuna is 68 cents per can and tastes better than other brands to me)

Paul Newman creamy Caeser dressing, this is cheap and delicious and it's made with olive oil instead of the cheap oils the other dressings are made of.

Walmart does not have good prices on their red meat, I don't know where you live but I just bite the bullet and buy ribeyes. They taste awesome and to me it's worth paying extra.

Apples - Honeycrisp apples are in season and they are delicious, I eat them with my breakfast.

Eggs are cheap, learn to cook them over easy. Bacon can be pricey for some reason, get it anyway!

A recipe I like (but isn't the best for you because of the bread) is to take an egg over easy, put it on a toasted english muffin add bacon with plum or pepper jam, the contrasts in flavors is delightful.

If I were you I'd ditch the orange juice, it's not good for you at all. Unless it's fresh squeezed by the time you get it, it's basically a glass of sugar.

Oh yeah, Liver is dirt cheap. If you season it right it's delicious, also onions are cheap as hell and nutritious. If you pan fry it right you'll have a cheap, tasty meal that you can eat when polite company isn't around ; )

Messages In This Thread