rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to handle age difference?

How to handle age difference?

Recently I met this girl who is almost 20 years younger than me.

I have the blessing or the curse of looking about 10 years younger than my actual age, so this girl thought I maybe boyfriend material.

She is gorgeous, smart, popular. She is basically closely tied to her barely out of college social group. And in my eyes, she's one of the coolest, best looking girl I've dated in a long time.

Anyways, on the second date, she popped the question ~ "How old are you?"

Generally I try to tell the truth unless I am traveling and just want to bang and never see the girl again. Especially in this case where I thought she is girlfriend material. Anyways, once she heard my answer, she kind of mumbled, "well, that's definitely out of the range." But the date ended well never the less. However, when I texted her to meet up again, she told me the age difference is too great, it won't work out.

So how do you older guys manage/prevent this type of situation???

My thoughts are...

1 - If the girl is >15 years younger than me, then just lie. Make her guess, and just add another year to it. My justification is that with more than 15 year age difference, it's very unlikely, unrealistic that it will lead to a compatible long term relationship. Keep in mind, I am talking about US, not Asia/Eastern Europe/South America. So just lie, we both have fun, part our ways in a few months.

2 - If the girl is >15 years younger, still tell the truth. Actually, ask her her age first, then act shocked that she's so young, and maybe things won't work out. However, tell her that I've dated girls who are young, it always turned out great, we have so much fun and learned so much from our differences, but I don't want her to have any expectation that this is leading to a boyfriend/girlfriend situation. Obviously it's not too realistic. She's young, not in a hurry to get married, neither am I, but there's so much fun things we can do together, live in the moment, and we'll see where it goes.

Gentleman, what are your thoughts?

Messages In This Thread