rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

My new toy

My new toy

Quote: (10-17-2012 12:29 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

My Youtube videos have been bringing in a modest amount of advertising money so I sprung for a new video camera, the Panasonic HC-V700 (under $400 at Amazon).

[Image: 4f767200-4b53-4a64-9641-096f137a5e94.jpg]

The last couple of my videos were shot with it, so that's why you can view it in 1080p. There's two issues I'm working on:

1. Lighting. My current room is too dark to let the camera shine, but side-by-side comparisons of my old videos with the new one still show a noticeable improvement in quality. It's less fuzzy and the sound is better.

2. File compression. I convert the raw file (MTS) to AVI and then edit the clip and spit out the final product. I wonder if there is a better way to preserve the quality without having gigantic half gig files for only a few minutes clip. Otherwise there is a sizable loss in quality from raw to what I upload to youtube.

The camera itself is small and light with an easy-to-use touch screen. I especially like how the LCD screen can swivel all the way out so I know whether I'm centered in the shot or not. Maybe this will encourage me to shoot more videos of cities I go to. I'm open to suggestions...

Dear Roosh,

Do you have Mac or PC? Which software are you using to edit your videos?

I will assume you have a PC, since you are converting to AVI. You can convert to MOV in those Codecs:

* Apple ProRes 422 (Download the codec package)
* Quicktime Animation

Those 02 codecs are lighter than AVI Uncompressed and they will bring a nice quality for internet still. If you need further info IM me.
[Image: blush.gif]

Deixa que essa fase é passageira, amanhã será melhor você vai ver a cidade inteira seu samba saber de cor!

Messages In This Thread