rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Suggestions for Nightlife in Santa Monica

Suggestions for Nightlife in Santa Monica

Quote: (01-29-2013 02:07 PM)DVY Wrote:  

@Cap7- What area in SM would you choose (off of Broadway/Colorado)? Closer towards 3rd street (say 5th) or higher up?

Hows the cabbing situation during the weekdays? Is it a problem?

A buddy off mine really likes 11th and montana. Niche coffeeshops, young professional girls, etc. Thoughts?

I'm only speaking in generalities here. There are all kinds of exceptions here for great spots to live in SM. I mentioned Broadway/Colorado because there are less expensive places there in good neighborhoods for reasonable. Montana has a lot of 30's and 40's single women looking for a rich husband. Father's office has some hotties, but R&D Kitchen is at 14th and Montana and that has a definite rep. We all say R&D stands for Rich and Divorced. If you're specifically targeting younger, I would stay away from that area. Plus there isn't any real value to that area. An extra $400/month for access to some coffee shops? 1bd there is $2k/mo. You'll find that the soccer moms and strollers will be a turnoff as well.

Why not along Pico, West of the SMC? $5 cab ride to everywhere, and you can get a spot for $1,500k/mo. Easy commute, you'll have a good neighborhood that's probably filled with people you will actually like, young slutty girls, and awesome things to do everywhere you look. North of Wilshire can get stuffy. If I wasn't as sensitive about my commute to the Valley, I would live here. Right now I'm around 26th and Santa Monica. I pay $1,450, but I have a sweet setup for having people over, including 2 parking spaces. I just moved in a few months ago. It takes work to find good spots anywhere.

Cabs are extremely easy to get during the week. Multiple cab companies only cover Santa Monica. The only trouble I've ever had was along Main St after midnight. I solved that problem with Uber app. If you don't know about it, now you do.

Messages In This Thread