rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

South Korea

South Korea

Quote: (02-19-2010 09:28 AM)hibachiwoj Wrote:  

I know there are a couple of posts about south korea..... but i was wondering if anyone had any pointers for someone who was going to be there for 1-2 weeks (Late March) for work. I plan on going out nightly (staying around seoul), so does anyone have any nightlife suggestions? Tips for picking up? Cultural experiences to be had?

Ok, there are three main areas and it depends on your preference.

1. Hongdae (Hongik University)- This area is loaded with bars and some clubs. It is a heavy student population area and you will have a good time here. Try out M2, Zen Bar, NB, Tinpan 1 and 2,

2. Itaewon- This is the foreigner district and has lots of bars and clubs. Many of the Korean girls that hang out in this area are into foreigners. Try out Helios and B1 here.

3. Gangnam/Apujeong- Gangnam has the best nightclubs in Seoul and is a popular fashion district. You will see plenty of beautiful women walking around here. Check out Club Eden and Club Mass. Also, Rainbow Bar and Woodstock if you want to "chill out."

Apujeong is another area near Gangnam and has plenty of nightclubs (Club Air, Club Circle.) There is another club in Cheongdam I can't remember the name of it off the top of my head though!

As far as picking up, Korean girls are very receptive. They know a relatively decent amount of English and if they tell you no "Englishee" do not believe them. Just keep talking to them. Coffee shops are great places to meet girls in Korea. Just a note, you will fall in love with the women, they are by far the best looking in Asia. Although, Japanese girls have better fashion, Korean girls have the best legs!

Cultural tips remember tipping is not necessary. When drinking, always pour the elders drink first. Things are based on respect in Korea so you will win brownie points knowing etiquette. Also, knowing a little Korean helps, and even if it's little Korean girls will admire you for it! Remember when you pay and hand a cheonwon(one thousand won bill) to use both hands. One hand can be considered rude.

E room e moh ye yo- What's your name
Ye pu da- You're Cute...
Eodi E Salayo- Where do you live (I know it doesn't sound right, but it's a common question in Korea)

Hope you have a great time!

Tips from someone who has spent a lot of time in Korea and dated Korean women ^^ (Korean style smiley)

Currently traveling around Asia come join me on the LS Blog.

Bolo and Latinstylez's Adventures

Messages In This Thread