rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Anyone A Web Designer Here? Need Career Advice Plz . .

Anyone A Web Designer Here? Need Career Advice Plz . .

Quote: (10-27-2012 12:42 PM)Majestic Wrote:  

" most programmers can't design and most designers aren't good at programming. " ... so true... . try telling this to the HR manager I had an interview with. It was with a pretty well known company so i was pretty stoked. Very few people are kick ass on both ends. if you want professional and quality-top tier work, not going to happen..he told me "everyone who works here does both" meaning desingers develop and developers design. i was thinking "BS" .... yeah good luck with that. thats a good recipie for a fuck up. i told him i wasnt interested in developing and excused myself and ended the interview. now that i think about it, he prob was just testing me to see my reaction and if he was spittin truth then i wouldn't want to work like a slave, i should of just kept saying yes, yes, yes, and told him what he wanted to hear... lesson learned. thoughts???

If you're a web designer you should know basic coding, certainly HTML and CSS, and some PHP and SQL. You don't need to be making custom web applications.

If you're a developer, you should have a strong grasp of web design and how a functional and elegant app or website looks and works.

But people who are great at both of these are extremely rare and valuable. I would focus on excelling at either design or development. I chose design over ten years ago but throughout that time have been gaining more and more development skills and they are very useful.

Messages In This Thread