rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Interesting anti-cuckoldry measures of ancient soldiers

Interesting anti-cuckoldry measures of ancient soldiers

I sort of fucked up my first post. I meant to add that traditional Judaism required a woman to ritually bathe herself after menstruation, in order to have sex with her husband again. And this period of the ovulatory cycle, right after menstruation, coincides with peak fertility, supposedly. So you have this blue-balled husband waiting to bust a nut ASAP, ready to pounce on her as she's clean, and his wife thinks she'll go to hell if she fucks anyone while still ritually impure. Not a bad recipe for protecting paternity.

Quote: (10-12-2012 03:15 PM)kbell Wrote:  

Actually Orthodox Judaism does a lot of things right in regards to women now that I think about it. Very patriarchal, women and men are generally separate. Women have to wear clothes that hide their figure and hair at all times except in the bedroom (tsnius). The extended family is still in place for raising kids. Women end up having 8 to 12 children. This seems to keep them in shape generally too. Much more feminine than non-orthodox. I just can't stand going to services and all of the rules you have to follow.

For some reason husband and wife do not sleep together unless having sex for kids. They sleep in seperate beds. Each time they menstruate they have to have a ritual bath in a mikveh, which probably keeps the hamster in line too.

The main thing the Orthodox get right is the strong taboo against divorce. The more religious ones also abstain from owning a television. Your claim that they only fuck to have kids is not correct. In fact the man is expected to fuck his wife a certain number of times per month.

The religion is very patriarchal, but it's subdued by the fact that lots of the men are soft (aka nebbish), and the less Hassidic women are over-educated crypto-feminists. I'd bet that Mormons have a stronger pimp hand than Orthodox, non-Haredi Jews. In fact, one of the great divisions between 'Modern Orthodox' Judaism and Haredi Judaism is their respective treatment of women.

With any religion, there is what the books say, and what the people do. Christianity is a patriarchal religion, but there isn't much desire for patriarchy among its adherents today, so its reduced to being a 'Girl Power!' institution, as the blogger Dalrock profiles. Orthodox Judaism is similar in some respects, though usually not nearly as bad.

Messages In This Thread