rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Reading improvement

Reading improvement

I have a long list of books to plow through, covering how-to guides, textbooks and language materials and purely academic works like history. A weird thing and a real impediment which, on thinking, has been bugging me most of this year, is that i find it unbelievably hard to get through a book, unless, strangely enough, it happens to be fiction.

If i pick up a book on project management, or learning a new skill, or on some essayist, often I can barely manage a few pages before dropping it and wanting to pick up a novel or my iPod or fuck around on youtube. If i finish any of these books, i barely remember anything I covered. I don't know what lead to this but I'd really like to change it

I've been fairly inactive for a while, and when jobhunting, i drank a LOT of instant coffee and didn't always eat incredibly well; I guess these are factors that have a negative effect, and I'm putting them right gradually, but is there anything else I can do to improve my learning?

"The woman most eager to jump out of her petticoat to assert her rights is the first to jump back into it when threatened with a switching for misusing them,"
-Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

Messages In This Thread