rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to open a bank account in the USA as a foreigner

How to open a bank account in the USA as a foreigner

There I was, standing in front of a bank in NY. My passport in hand and wondering what to do. Should I walk in and open an account?
Nah, i said to myself. Write your book first and I'm sure things will be easy to manage once back home.

I can punch my self in the face now. I have just received a my first royalty check of 280$ and wanted to cash it at my own bank. I preferred cash in hand of course so that I could pay my rent and keep the financial info away from the tax office and government.

It turns out I have to send the check to the main office and they will put the money in my bank account. Costs to do this are about 23 dollar.

F you Amazon. Why is it possible to pay the royalties from paperback books straight into my bank account and kindle book royalties are paid in checks?. What an ancient and time wasting system.

Long story short. I don't want to wait long and pay 23 dollar every month for the next years to come. It's gonna be costly over the years and I need to stay in Holland to keep cashing the checks this way (unless I ask my parents to forge my signature once a month).
Say that i'm selling this book for 5 years. that's 60 X 23 dollars = 1380 dollars. + 60 times to the postoffice, 60 times losing money in the exchange rates.
I might as well hop on a plane to the states just open an account and be cheaper of over the years.

So, the best way would be to open an account whilst not even going there.
Does anyway have any info how to do this? (I already have a US tax number)

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.

Messages In This Thread